The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Friday, June 09, 2006

kaa the python

I decided to knit these socks with an afterthought heel, mainly because I've never knit one before. This does lead to the sock looking a bit like a ginormous snake. I also believe that this particular incarnation of Regia, the Patch Antik colors, would be perfectly suitable for making a little stuffed snake, if the inclination so moved you. The stripes have started looking like scales to me as the sock gets longer and longer with no heel in sight.




Except, of course, for the little bitty stripe that is my waste yarn, site of the future heel.



Naturally, I came to the decision about the afterthought heel only when I got to point where it was time to actually make it. Think ahead? Never! As this is my purse project, I was not at home where waste yarns abound. I actually did have some waste yarn in my purse, as it turns out, a little leftover Elann Baby Cashmere. This is probably not the best yarn to use for a waste yarn, as the stress of being in my purse for a few weeks had begun to felt the outside of the ball of yarn. Cool! Also maybe an indication that I should unload a few items from said purse. Hmmm. I'll let you know how using such a sticky yarn works out when it comes time to free the held stitches for the heel.

In the meantime, I'm considering getting googly eyes for the toes. Hsssss! Watch out, Mowgli.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow, it DOES look like a snake. Hee hee, there's a school of thought out there that thinks I shoulda named Chaos after the black leopard in the Jungle Book.... :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger rene said...

While Chaos would have been a great Bagheera, he's a freakin' awesome Chaos! "Stumbling over Bagheera" just doesn't have the same ring to it. ;)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Sandra D. said...

I can see stuffing it, beading some little eyes, maybe embroider a mouth. Definitely snakey. But cool! I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think of the afterthought heel.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home