The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Thursday, June 15, 2006

haiku

Aija posted a link to this very fun contest over at her site. I don't really need to win a beer right now, but man oh man do I love writing stupid haiku. We used to amuse ourselves for hours writing haiku in high school. Here are the ones I posted on the Beer Haiku Daily site:

My brother homebrews.
This fall, my child will be born.
Y'all save some for me.

I used to drink wine
while knitting bibulously.
Beer won't stain my yarn.

Actually, two of my brothers-in-law do in fact homebrew, and clearly, I must send them to this site. One of them actually investigated brewing non-alcoholic homebrew because he's just that nice to me.

And some non-beer ones:

Spindling last evening
was so deeply involving
no knitting got done.

To be good at one
must I give up the other?
Too many hobbies.

I lied. I did knit.
Embossed Leaves needed ribbing.
(Took less than an hour.)

I took no pictures.
Another ball of singles-
looks like yesterday's.

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - that's fun! I can't drink regular beer, so I'll pass...

12:19 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Yay! :) I have fun writing these too, even though I really don't want to win a beer either.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Aija said...

Hey! Congrats on getting haiku of the day!!! *6.17.06*

5:01 AM  
Blogger rene said...

Wow! Congrats back at you for 6.18.06! Little did they know what they were getting into when you linked them. :)

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home