The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

getting better

Round two of me vs. the sheep fluff seems to be going a little better. Towards the top of the spindle, you can see the results of my first try, and towards the bottom, last night's attempt. It still feels odd, but less so, and the results are starting to look a little bit like "yarn." Didn't Churchill say that consistency was the hobgoblin of little minds (or something like that)? In that case, this single is very great minded.




In other news, I cast on Embossed Leaves so that should the urge to go Trekking strike, I'll be prepared with, you know, actual socks made of Trekking. Also, the LYS is hosting a Stitch and Sip tomorrow, and I thought if I feel like going after work, it might be nice to bring something made of yarn I purchased there. I'm not sure of the etiquette on these things.


Last night, Ben brought home pizza, a dumb movie, and a smart movie. He asked which I wanted to watch, and I asked if he would think less of me if I voted for the dumb movie. So we watched Underworld: Evolution. Hee hee. I am completely curious how Derek Jacobi ended up in this movie, and, in fact, that's exactly what I said when he first appeared on screen: "What's Derek Jacobi doing in this movie?" If you have 13 hours to spare, rent I, Claudius instead. Anyway, U:E was good dumb fun with lots of eye candy and plot holes you could drive a Lincoln Town Car through. My belief is that the end was intended to leave the option of a(nother) sequel open, but instead, it had us looking through the special features to see if there was anything that might further explain what it was we just watched (there wasn't). At least I got some knitting done. (Movies are never a total waste with me.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sometimes dumb movies are more fun than smart movies because there's so much to rip apart, er... discuss! :)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Whoooo hooo! I think yours looks better after just a tiny practice than mine looked after spinning half the batt! See, it's easy!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Sandra D. said...

You'll have your own handspun in no time!! I used to do the same thing when I went to knit at my LYS (I don't have a LYS anymore or I still would!) - I figured it was better for the shop if I was working on something I bought there, especially since others always ask what it is and where you got it. I know the owner appreciated it. Oh, the Petal Lace sock pattern came with the yarn, sort of. You can buy the Lisa Souza yarn separately, or you can buy it with a pattern for a couple dollars more. But she doesn't sell the patterns without the yarn.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home