The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Saturday, May 06, 2006

the yarn made me do it

Goodies

Look what came in the mail yesterday! I ordered some sock yarn from Black Bunny Fibers, and woo hoo! It's already here. The yellow is called Nana's Linoleum (hee!) and it is destined to become the Eleanora socks for my mother in law(who is currently vacationing in London, not that I'm insanely jealous or anything). The blue is called Lapis Lazuli, and I don't have any solid plans for it yet, except that I feel it is destined to end up on my feet.

The colors are even more beautiful in person than they were on my moniter when I ordered them. I can't wait to knit with this. I may have to break my own little made up restriction and knit the Eleanoras before the next two pairs of boy socks.




Scarf

And I've begun the Branching Out Scarf. The beads look lovely with the Kidsilk Haze. I'm trying to decide how far to keep adding them. Two repeats? Three? The whole damn thing? I've finished two repeats, and the beads do look pretty, but I am a little concerned about their weight. I've decided to add three beads instead of two on the pattern line I'm adding them because with two, and the line of beads at the base, it looks a bit like a face:


And sometimes it can be an angry face:


"Yes, knitting Kidsilk Haze with blunt needles does suck! You should go to the local yarn shop and get some pointier ones!! GRRRRR!"

I gotta go. The scarf told me to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That sock yarn is really pretty - looking forward to your report on how it knits up. Hee hee - great scarf faces. :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Hahahaha!!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home