The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Thursday, May 25, 2006

sock happens

Well, I started the Pomatomus.




and then I just kept knitting. I really like this pattern, thus far. I thought all the ktbls were going to drive me batty, but what has instead happened is that I have gotten in touch with my inner ktbl, and I don't think they will bug me agan. The same thing happened with k1, p1 when I knit a hat entirely of moss stitch. k1, p1 is my buddy now. (I'm not saying that if I knit Ben a sweater entirely of k1, p1 or k1tbl, p1 I wouldn't get out of touch with it again, but for now, we're cool.) And of course, I love the color. Trekking and me, we're like that.

I also cleaned the bathroom, which leads me to believe that if I had this week off, I could rule the world, if by rule the world, you mean finish a pair of socks and actually clean my apartment. See, if the road to hell is paved with good intentions, there's an entire Rene's Plans to Clean the House Memorial Overpass over the frozen lake. My plans are always good, but there are always better things to do , like read or knit or... anything, really. All this sleep I've been getting at the behest of the Future Progeny has not made me a better housekeeper, just more in touch with my couch. (Hi, couch! We're best buddies now. Too bad you haven't been vacuumed in ages. But before I get the vacuum out, I'll just lie down here for a minutezzzzzz.) I've been told that sometime in the third trimester, the "nesting" urge will set in, and I'll start cleaning like a woman possessed. God, I hope so. It would be nice to have the place sparkling clean for a month or two before the Future Progeny comes and it all goes back to hell.



So I think I'm going to take the baby sweater and a few socks to work on Saturday (when it is slooooooooow as molasses) and block them. I have blocked stuff at home before, but this is what happens when you lay a knit flat:




Everybody likes cat hair, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

Holy God, you knit fast. I've got about 1.5 inches on my poma. (Okay, I cast it on and tinkered with it for like an hour and then abandoned it for something with a closer deadline, but STILL.) And I LOVE LOVE the way it turned out in the orange! Methinks I'll need to track down some Trekking.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You P sock looks great in the Trekking!

Hmm, blocking at your house looks very similar to blocking at my house, but with fewer white bits.

Hopefully you have recovered from the 70s onslaught earlier. :D

11:41 AM  
Blogger aija said...

I love your trekking pomatomus! I think I'll knit the pattern in trekking too :) Thanks for the pics (and inspiration!)

12:22 PM  
Blogger rene said...

Alyson, it's not so much that I knit fast, it's just that I spent a lot of yesterday knitting. Waiting room at the doctor's office, a couple of movies on Turner Classic.... Plus, I think knitting with Trekking often keeps me going for just one more round/repeat/stitch, just because I'm excited to see what colors will come next. Oh, yeah, you know you want the Trekking. ;)

Not to mention, that's a picture with flash- just wait til you see the FIERY ORANGE that is this sock. Actually, if the Pomatomus has blue scales, maybe this is a rainbow trout or something.

Chris, I may never recover from the 70s onslaught. I actually went back for more punishment. You've definitely inspired me to check my local thrift store! Who knew such treasure awaited? ;P

Aija, thank you! I'm such a sucker for Trekking, and I've been wanting to try this pattern forever. I love the Fleece Artist ones you did- I'm always glad to help inspire (or is that enable...?)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Orange roughy!!!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home