The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

product endorsement of the day

I had to go to the drugstore today to pick up my prescription vitamins*, and while I was there, I picked up a Tide To Go stain pen, on the enthusiastic recommendation of my sister. It was a good thing, too, because I spilled coffee all over my shirt when I got to work, and what do you know? This thing works.

*I'll never stop being gobsmacked that vitamins require a prescription.

The long weekend was very nice. We went to the zoo, ate lots of good food, and I may have ordered more yarn. Ma'am, step away from the computer.

Pomatomus/Orange Roughy is going along swimmingly (heh!) and I fully expect to be able to show you photos in a day or two. Definitely by June 1st, when the frigid Alabama air will necessitate the wearing of wool socks. In my apartment, anyway. When I stand over the ac vents.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

I've been waiting for someone to issue a verdict on that thing. (I was waiting very quietly.) I see it at the SuperTarget checkout aisle twice a week (drummers eat a LOT) and haven't been sure whether it's worth buying.

Lemme tell you about ordering yarn....I was balancing my checkbook and found an entry for $14 marked "Paypal (yarn-destash)" and I could NOT for the life of me remember what it was. When you're picking up so much yarn (either new or from someone's stash) that you can't keep the purchases straight anymore, that's a problem.

(It was the Malabrigo - I had to go to Paypal.com and then sort through old emails to figure it out.)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Does it have a scent? I'm a fan of the Spray'n'Wash wipes, because they don't have much of a scent.

Hmm, yes, and being pregnant isn't going to enhance your need for those wool socks, either! :)

2:42 PM  
Blogger rene said...

I also just ended a week of expecting several packages and not knoowing what was going to come when. Excitement! Suspense! Christmas in May!

When I look at my storage space vs. stuff that's already there, I think I really need to stop ordering yarn. However, when I look on the internet at all the pretty options, then I succumb pretty easily.

The Tide to Go thingy is my new friend. It doesn't smell very strong (and not at all when it dries as far as I can tell) and it actually factually works! Since my clumsy factor has always been huge, that's definitely a good thing.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home