The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Thursday, May 18, 2006

the glorious toe


Observe the way the toe remains in pattern all the way to the tip of the toe, each section becoming narrower. (Please don't observe too closely the crappy quality of the photograph.)

A random observer of my knitting commented yesterday that these socks were "too nice" to wear in shoes and that he thought they would be the first thing on the feet when you got home- "inside socks." I hope not.

Because of how much I love these toes and their awesome patterned shaping, the next pair of socks I make up design is so going to have pattern all the way down the toe.


My husband brought home leftover bread from the restaurant where he works. Leftover chocolate bread. A slice of that toasted with peanut butter is what I may be eating for every meal until it's gone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

Shut the front door! CHOCOLATE bread??? Where is this magical restaurant? Do they have chocolate steak and chocolate baked potatoes and chocolate broccoli? Eating a balanced meal just became way more fun.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chocolate bread?! Oh, divine...

Those look like good sandal socks to me!

11:07 AM  
Blogger rene said...

Hee hee! Chocolate steak! (Although, for all I know, they do, the chef is very inventive with his recipe components.)

I completely agree these would be great sandal socks! If that actually turns out to be the case, though, I will be pretty startled as my MIL is more of the strappy sandals with heels type than the birkenstock sandal type. But it has given me a pretty amusing mental image, though. ;)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow. WOW! Sock looks fantastic. I can't tell you how cool it is to see it knit up. It's a gorgeous sock.

7:14 PM  
Blogger rene said...

Carol, thank you! The yarn is really fantastic to work with, and I can't tell you how absolutely gorgeous it is in person. I think I've probably gotten more comments on these socks from random people seeing me out knitting than on any other sock I've ever made. The pattern and the yarn are just great together.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home