The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

fo parade

The Eleanora socks in all their glory:










Pattern by Miriam, yarn by Carol. The only modifications I made were to a) knit them on US 0s, because the recipient's feet are small and I knit loosely, and b) pick up the edge of my long tail cast on and knit it to the live stitches to form the facing on the second sock. I don't really think you can tell:



I can't, anyway.

In a mad frenzy of finishing stuff, I finished the Odessa hat (courtesy of Grumperina) for myself. Excuse my crappy self portrait, here:

I love this hat! This is the second one I've made. The pattern is great fun. Last time I made it, Alyson asked if it was fussy because of the beads. It's really not. It does take a few minutes to string them all before you get started, but with the help of a big eye needle, it's not that big a deal. The only fussy part happened when I encountered a knot in the skein and had to restring the remaining beads.

I also wove in the ends of the baby sweater that's been sitting there with loose ends since May 1, but I need to block it before I photograph it, I think.

I went to the doctor this morning, and everything looks good! Listening to the heartbeat is pretty darn cool. I may have, um, started the Pomatomus socks in the waiting room. Oops.

8 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

I refuse to acknowledge your finished socks. (They're fabulous.)

I LOVE the Odessa - what yarn did you use? Great colour!

And this may sound strange, but you have a great fingernail. (I would assume you have nine similar fingernails, and therefore you have many great fingernails, but I can really only comment on the one I see.) I have very short nailbeds that make my fingernails look stumpy...but yours are perfect. Lucky.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That's a cute self-portrait! Nice hat, too. :)

Those socks are really lovely... On the list! Heh, accidentally started the P socks? Hee hee.

12:36 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Beautiful eleanora socks! I love their toes.

1:31 PM  
Blogger rene said...

Alyson, the Odessa is knit in Rowan Cashsoft DK, which is actually the yarn called for by the pattern- kinda unusual for me! It is really, really soft. I mean, really soft.

Thanks for the nice comment on my nails- they look a lot prettier since my body has been flooded with hormones and I've been taking pre-natal vitamins. Usually they break if you look at them funny.

Chris, thanks for the compliment on the camera work! If I would sit down and read the manual, maybe I could figure out the timer. And I, um, may have knit sort of a lot more on the P socks. I may be doing the embossed leaves in purple for the Trekalong after all. :P

Quikeye, thank you! The toes may well be my favorite part of these socks, and I liked these socks very much.

10:24 PM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

Gorgeous socks & Odessa! I must knit both!!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous tracey said...

Those Eleanora socks are awesome and the color you used really compliments the pattern, I think!

6:09 PM  
Blogger rene said...

Thanks for the compliments, y'all! I loved this pattern all over the place and would highly recommend it, in case that's not clear from the gushing. :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Just phenomenal. I am farklempt to see someone so talented knit my yarn...

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home