The Eleanora socks in all their glory:
Pattern by Miriam, yarn by Carol. The only modifications I made were to a) knit them on US 0s, because the recipient's feet are small and I knit loosely, and b) pick up the edge of my long tail cast on and knit it to the live stitches to form the facing on the second sock. I don't really think you can tell:
I can't, anyway.
I love this hat! This is the second one I've made. The pattern is great fun. Last time I made it, Alyson asked if it was fussy because of the beads. It's really not. It does take a few minutes to string them all before you get started, but with the help of a big eye needle, it's not that big a deal. The only fussy part happened when I encountered a knot in the skein and had to restring the remaining beads.
I also wove in the ends of the baby sweater that's been sitting there with loose ends since May 1, but I need to block it before I photograph it, I think.
I went to the doctor this morning, and everything looks good! Listening to the heartbeat is pretty darn cool. I may have, um, started the Pomatomus socks in the waiting room. Oops.