The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

all over but the finishing

Ooooh, blogger just ate my post. I really should start composing on Word or something. Or would that be too smart?

Here's the short short version. Second Glorious Toe! Yay! More pictures when the light outside is better and I don't have to go to work:




Hmmm, which Trekking to use for the Trekalong?


I'm thinking about doing Pomatomus socks, and I'm leaning towards the orange. What do y'all think? I would feel bad about taking a break from the Great Sneaky Sock Project of 2006, except that:

the socks aren't due until September,

and I only have 2 pair to go,

so I don't. This is probably the beginning of a great chain of rationalization that ends with me frantically knitting over a belly the rough approximate size of Jupiter trying to spit out the last few socks before the baby gets here actually in the delivery room, but I'm doing it anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alyson said...

Holy wow. You finished yours. Picture about 12 more rows on the picture of Sock One I posted last week. That's where I am. Sigh.

A friend told me her doctor actually recommended she take up knitting during her pregnancy, as it relieves stress and they actually encourage knitting during labor. (Do NOT give me sharp pointy sticks during labor.)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Is the orange color 100? That's such a great color - I'm curious how it will look as P socks...

10:40 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Oh! Treeking for pomatomus?? Great idea! (I'm trying to decide for the trekkingalong, too!)

I pick purple! But its just cos I'm in a purple phase lately...

1:37 PM  
Blogger rene said...

That makes knitting the only thing I was doing right before getting pregnant. As to finish the socks, I can't drink, I can't stay up late... no wonder I'm finishing stuff. :) (Also, I bet Ben doesn't want me with pointy sticks in my hands during labor. Just guessing.)

Chris, this is actually color 110. I think, using the scientific method of guessing wildly, that the color "repeats" here will be a little shorter than in the 100, but we'll just have to see how it looks knit up. I don't have to have identical socks, so I'm not too bothered.

I love the purple. I'm all over it, in fact, but it seems to be telling me to make Embossed leaves with it. I couldn't tell you why, it's just what it's saying.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

And just to throw in my two cents - the more pastel-ish one on the upper right? That one definitely wants to be a lacey sock, maybe Knitty's Hedera...it's not a Poma yarn. And everyone does Poma in the blues/purples/greens (including me). I vote for the orangey one.

10:29 AM  
Blogger rene said...

I think Hedera would be great for the pastel-y one. It looks like a gardeny color to me, somehow. And, well, I may have gone ahead and started the Pomas in the orange. These things just happen sometimes. To me, anyway. So far, it looks good.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home