The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Monday, April 24, 2006

a quick knitting update

I started the baby sweater in the car on the way to Baton Rouge. That drive always seems longer than it really is, and at 6-6.5 hours, it's long enough, believe me. Luckily, I didn't have to drive. There's some color work, but that will be revealed post-blocking. Right now, it's not so pretty. Everything I've said about Trekking XXL continues to be true. I would say it again, but I'm aware I'm being repetitive. And I think I'll probably have enough yarn left over for more socks.


The fun thing about the baby sweater it that all of its components are so small. Not that this particular baby sweater is stupendously fast- my gauge is 8 st/in, so I could be making a chunky adult sweater, I suppose. The fun thing is looking down every once in a while and freaking out because the person it's going to fit is so little bitty. (And of course, the hope is that it will fit, because it's hard to measure a person who isn't measurable yet.)

Likewise the smallness of the baby booties being worked on US 000s in Elann's Baby Cashmere. So tiny! I haven't even measured the gauge on these booties yet. I'm pretty sure it's around 10/st in, and I really just wanted to try out the tiny wee needles. You may admire the twee-est photo set up ever. It was better than another picture on my paint-speckled floor which always looks dirty, even when it's not. (Hint: it is now.)

Chris pointed out that I could go ahead and knit myself a pair of socks out of the Trekking XXL 100, even though I already made a pair for my husband, because the yarn is so wildly varying that they wouldn't really match. It's true. The ones I made for him don't even match each other:

So I think I'll leave it up to the yarn gods. If there's a skein of it left at the LYS next time I go there, I'll go ahead and get it. I'm so easy to enable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Glad to be of assistance. :) I really like that Trekking baby sweater!

7:18 PM  
Blogger rene said...

Like I said, I'm an easy enable. ;)

Thank you, it's coming along. And it's so little bitty!!!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home