The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Monday, April 03, 2006

no commitment

While I began and made some progress on the second red sock, I also started another sock. Heh heh. This one is made from Regia Cotton Surf Color, which I purchased from Elann, on US 1/2.5 mm addis. I started out on dpns, but I was concerned about laddering between the needles, so I switched over.

Actually, since I used a Turkish cast on, I started on circs, switched to dpns for a few rounds, and then switched back.

This yarn is 41% superwash wool, 34% cotton, and 25% polyamide. I'm actually quite enjoying knitting with it. My first experience with a cotton content sock yarn was not so much fun. These colors are a bit more neon-y than I would ordinarily wear, but I live in Alabama, and it's getting hot here, so the cotton content sounds pretty fantastic to me. You can see that the center pull ball yakked up a significant portion of yarn when I tried to extricate the end.

So why would I start another sock with these delightful gifty red ones still going strong? Well, we participate in a delightful tradition of Sunday Dinner, in which my husband and I, along with my sister and her husband, get together with my parents over at their house for dinner and the Simpsons. I generally bring my knitting, but as the red socks are intended to surprise their eventual recipient, I needed something else. Hence, the Surf socks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I have seen that pattern... I've told myself that I want to try short row heels on a pair of normal socks first, as I've never done them before. And the last few times I've forgotten and just did a flap. I should learn short rows....

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home